Time to pull my Empeg out of my Pathfinder (well...not really, I bought an extra sled when I got mine just in case) ....

So, I went to Sweden to pick up my new car (the Volvo overseas delivery program is AWESOME!!!). I had a 98 that I totalled a year ago, and this is the replacement. The problem is the stereo. I have the kick -ass Volvo 400-watt, 12-speaker Dynaudio system with an in-dash three-CD changer. There is no room in the dash for the Empeg, and I'm not getting rid of the Volvo head unit (it really is that good).

What I've found out is that the 6 disc changer bus (in addition to the 3 discs in-dash) is an Alpine bus. Alpine has a similar thing to the Pioneer P-Bus which allows you to hook up a connector that turns the CD-changer plug into RCA inputs. The only catch is that the plug on the head unit is a mini-din style plug. So, I've got two connectors on the way (One from Crutchfield and the other from SoundDomain) which should accomplish this.

As far as location....the glove box is designed to hold the small Alpine 6 CD changer, so that's where It's gonna go. I'll figure out what to do with remote controls after I get it working. I will follow up once I have the the connectors and tried it out. If it doesn't work, I'll be in for some major work to get it hooked up.

That's the Volvo Factory Delivery Center - Gothenburg, Sweden in the background
.Daniel