Well, I just took the plundge and placed my order for an empeg to put in my 98 Chevy Corvette. It's been a couple of years since I was really into the car audio scene and I have a couple of questions. First off the car has the "Bose Gold" system installed in it which for now provides adequate sound. I'm sure I'll be updating this later but don't have the funds to do so now. I would like to simply remove the stock head unit and replace it with the Empeg. Is this possible (I know I need a DIN adapter plate and all) but I haven't seen anything to connect the factory system into an aftermarket head unit with only line level outs as the Empeg has. Secondly, do any of you out there have any experiance installing an empeg in this vintage of Bose equipped car. I have noticed that unlike the earlier car stereo's that I have delt with, the head unit on this car is actually tied in through the ECM so that a malfunction in the head unit will actually throw an error code to the diagnostics center. I was wondering if there was a way to disable the diagnostics for the radio, or if it will simply be nullified when it is removed from the car (wishful thinking). Thanks in advance for any advise you may have.
John