Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#57861 - 11/01/2002 06:55 Easier way to change source from front panel
Captain_Chaos

Loc: Amersfoort, The Netherlands
Could we have an easier way to change the source from the front panel? I do it regularly and it's annoying (and potentially dangerous) to have to use the remote or fiddle with the menus.

/Pepijn

#57862 - 11/01/2002 07:33 Re: Easier way to change source from front panel [Re: Captain_Chaos]
Ezekiel
pooh-bah

Loc: NH USA
Install Hijack (see link on top of page) and redifine the knob press. Voila a source switch button.
-Zeke

#57863 - 11/01/2002 11:23 Re: Easier way to change source from front panel [Re: Captain_Chaos]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
As far as I know, the empeg guys are still debating what to do with the "hold down the volume knob" action, and one of the ideas presented was that this should switch the source. Dunno if that's what it's going to end up being, though.

As was already stated elsewhere in this thread, you can use Mark Lord's Hijack kernel to do exactly this if you like. It's what I do, and it works really well. (As I recall, wasn't I the one who suggested that to Mark?)