Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#58255 - 12/01/2002 16:23 track grouping
kday
new poster

Loc: Boston, MA
Maybe this is already possible and I haven't figured out how yet...

I'm in the process of ripping and uploading 6 CDs worth of Shostakovich string quartets. I would like to put them all in a playlist and be able to play a random piece when the mood strikes me. However, right now I will get a random movement, since each piece is a number of tracks long. I'd rather not jump into the middle of a piece.

Can I do this with sub-playlists now?

#58256 - 12/01/2002 19:04 Re: track grouping [Re: kday]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico

No.

But just recently seang made a very good suggestion for a "Never Shuffle" option (see here) that would do what you want.

tanstaafl.

#58257 - 12/01/2002 19:40 Re: track grouping [Re: tanstaafl.]
smu
old hand

Loc: Germany (Ruhrgebiet)
Hi.

Actually, I made just that suggestion quite a while ago (had to search for it) right here, along with some other suggestions regarding randomize/shuffle modes.

cu,
sven

#58258 - 14/01/2002 06:13 Re: track grouping [Re: tanstaafl.]
peter
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge, England

No.

Are you sure? What happens if you organise the mp3s into one playlist per quartet, then organise those playlists into a playlist called "Quartets" (or "Shostakovich"). Then set the Quartets playlist to be always-randomise (in Emplode's properties window).

Then, with shuffle turned off on the player, select the Quartets playlist. What you should get, is quartets in a random order, but with the movements in the right order within each one. If you don't, it's a bug!

Peter