Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#7009 - 05/04/2000 09:31 Distinct Bass and Treble controls
NasalGoat

Loc: Toronto, ON, Canada
I know, not exactly "high end", but sometimes I just want to boost bass or treble a bit, without fiddling with the EQ, which requires me to pull of the road and spend five minutes figuring it out (note to EQ UI people: you're fired! :) ).

There's "Loudness", which I consider useless. It would be nice if it were replaced with "Bass" and "Treble" in the same menu. Direct remote control of the two functions would be nice too!

#7010 - 05/04/2000 10:04 Re: Distinct Bass and Treble controls [Re: NasalGoat]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Yeah, I'd thought about this, and I'm surprised no one else has brought it up before. The DSP does have the ability to implement bass and treble controls, as I recall from reading its specs. Seems like a pretty logical "joe consumer" feature. A no-brainer.

As far as your slander of the EQ UI is concerned, I won't have any of it. That EQ is absolutely awesome. I can adjust it while I'm driving if I want. Yes, there's a learning curve associated with it, but once you're past that, it's fine. They have the problem of needing to make it navigable with only four buttons. If you can design a better UI for it under that restriction, be my guest.

Tony Fabris
Empeg #144

#7011 - 05/04/2000 11:41 Re: Distinct Bass and Treble controls [Re: tfabris]
phaigh
addict

Loc: Reading, UK
Hey, don't tell anyone you use it whilst driving. You'll have to sign some disclaimers...

Paul.

Paul Haigh, 6GB, Blue
Reg: 4120 - Serial 00254

#7012 - 06/04/2000 06:53 Re: Distinct Bass and Treble controls [Re: tfabris]
NasalGoat

The MK2 rotary controller should help significantly in the interface department here. Just rotate to select which level to adjust, press it in, then adjust the level. Simple.

But now it still sucks. There shoud be no learning curve involved. :)

#7013 - 06/04/2000 11:13 Re: Distinct Bass and Treble controls [Re: NasalGoat]
altman
carpal tunnel

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
Rotate gives volume on the mk2 - pressing currently puts you into the menu structure (it's great for browsing the playlist tree!) but we may change this/make an option to have it step through the audio controls like most other rotary controls on car audio gear.

Hugo

#7014 - 07/04/2000 08:00 Re: Distinct Bass and Treble controls [Re: altman]
NasalGoat

Oh, I meant that once you had selected EQ, the rotary controller would then act like I suggested *within the EQ*.

What should happen when pressing the rotary controller in non-menu mode is it should bring up the "sound" menu only, ie. Treble, Bass, Loudness, etc., while pressing one of the four buttons will bring up the "full" menu. Probably the top button would be most logical.