Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#7036 - 11/04/2000 12:14 Another "Append to Current Playlist" Wish
ClemsonJeep
enthusiast

Loc: Ashburn, VA
I for one, very very very rarely use the search functions of the empeg. I have my music set up in such a way that I know exactly where each song lies, and it is grouped by Genre, then Artist, then Album... so if I want all my Dave Matthews Band songs to play its just a few clicks away.

What I would like to see is similar functionality for appending playlists to the current playlist using the menu instead of the search. That is, I would like to be able to hit the Append button while in the "Playlists" menu, and then whatever song or playlist I select will be appended just like if I had hit the Append button while in the search menus and selected a song there.

Empeg, is this possible at all? I would *love* to see this feature.

Any comments? Questions? Responses?

(O|||||O)

#7037 - 11/04/2000 20:29 Re: Another "Append to Current Playlist" Wish [Re: ClemsonJeep]
dionysus
veteran

Loc: San Francisco, CA
What I would like to see is similar functionality for appending playlists to the current playlist using the menu instead of the search. That is, I would like to be able to hit the Append button while in the "Playlists" menu, and then whatever song or playlist I select will be appended just like if I had hit the Append button while in the search menus and selected a song there.

I've mentioned this before; this would definately be a nice edition...
-mark

...proud to have one of the first Mark I units

#7038 - 12/04/2000 00:50 Re: Another "Append to Current Playlist" Wish [Re: ClemsonJeep]
danthep
enthusiast

Loc: new zealand
Oh my god! I guess i should read documentation more often. I heard about the 'append mode' on this mail list and spent ages trying to get it to work. I was doing exactly what this guy here described. I didn't realise that append only worked in the search screens.

It makes perfect sense to add append functionality to the mail playlists menu. Please do!.

#7039 - 12/04/2000 07:03 Re: Another "Append to Current Playlist" Wish [Re: ClemsonJeep]
muzza
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Brisbane, Queensland, Australi...
Mee too!!

I have often thought this would be handy. It is so cool to just stack up your songs as you're travelling.

-- Murray
Empeg changed my life and it did happen overnight.