Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#11366 - 18/07/2000 05:13 Bulk Tag Setting Capability in Emplode
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
For those of us wallies who frequently forget to set the tag values before ripping, after ripping and after archiving to RO media, it would be nice to see the capability to modify ID3 tags in bulk within emplode. And yes, I know there are programs like MP3 Tag Studio which do this - but not after they have been downloaded. Eventually, everyone has to do bulk tag modification on the songs already on the empeg, so anything to minimise the pain helps.

Instead of having to individually modify the properties of each downloaded song, it should be possible to select a group of songs, or a parent playlist, and make a properties change to the fields that are common tags for that group, eg. the genre, the year, etc. Unique tags such as the track title should only be modifiable on an individual basis.

This behaviour parallels that of Exploder, the UI of which is mimicked by emplode.

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015

#11367 - 18/07/2000 06:33 Re: Bulk Tag Setting Capability in Emplode [Re: schofiel]
teemcbee
addict

There are several tools (i.e. MP3-Tag Editor - really great!) to handle the ID3-Tag. So I think it's not too bad that it's not implemented in emplode.
And if you rip new CD's you can save your settings in mostly all ripping programs to fill out the ID3-Tag.

TeeMcBee

#11368 - 20/07/2000 08:09 Re: Bulk Tag Setting Capability in Emplode [Re: schofiel]
ClemsonJeep
enthusiast

Loc: Ashburn, VA
I completely agree with this. I can't count the number of times I've spent mindlessly changing every song in a playlist's year, genre, or any other information. Hitting TAB TAB TAB CTRL-V ENTER, DOWN, ALT-ENTER, TAB TAB TAB CTRL-V ENTER, DOWN, etc gets pretty tedious after a while :)

Bulk Tag settings would be a WONDERFUL addition.

Thanks,

(O|||||O)

#11369 - 21/08/2000 02:26 Re: Bulk Tag Setting Capability in Emplode [Re: schofiel]
danthep
enthusiast

Loc: new zealand
If you have a unix box handy you can do this easy in emptool