Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#17642 - 13/09/2000 21:24 Creating a playlist: Auto-repeat as default
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
When I make a new playlist in Emplode, it would be cool if the "Automatically Repeat" check box was checked by default. I always make my playlists repeat, and it's a few extra clicks for each one that I create.

Everyone: would that be OK with you? I think that most people would prefer to have their playlists repeat. Is there anyone who would be annoyed by it?

#17643 - 13/09/2000 23:54 Re: Creating a playlist: Auto-repeat as default [Re: tfabris]
teemcbee
addict

I think this should be OK.
But another thing - Is there a possibility to toggle repeat on/off directly on the empeg? I haven't seen ..

TeeMcBee
Got my Mk2! # 080000143

#17644 - 14/09/2000 00:25 Re: Creating a playlist: Auto-repeat as default [Re: tfabris]
borislav
addict

Loc: Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Everyone: would that be OK with you? I think that most people would prefer to have their playlists repeat. Is there anyone who would be annoyed by it?

I never select auto-repeat, so I would be annoyed to the same extent that you currently are... Please consider making it configurable instead of changing the default.

Borislav

#17645 - 14/09/2000 13:32 Re: Creating a playlist: Auto-repeat as default [Re: tfabris]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
... it would be cool if the "Automatically Repeat" check box was checked by default.

Reminds me of the Benny Hill joke... "What do you call a dog with only one leg? It don't matter--he won't come anyhow."

As for the automatically repeat box... It don't matter -- it won't repeat anyhow. Like Tony, I have all my playlists set for automatic repeat, but when I get to the end of the playlist, the player just stops, says "End of Playlist" and sits there quietly until I press a button or two. Am I doing something incorrectly?

Speaking of repeat... is it possible, or could it be possible, to extend the repeat function down to a single track? Maybe press a button on the remote to toggle track repeat on/off.

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"

#17646 - 14/09/2000 14:02 Re: Creating a playlist: Auto-repeat as default [Re: tanstaafl.]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I have all my playlists set for automatic repeat, but when I get to the end of the playlist, the player just stops, says "End of Playlist" and sits there quietly until I press a button or two.

In my experience, this only happens when you've done a powerdown/powerup cycle between the time you started playing the playlist and the time the playlist was done playing.

Although I seem to recall you saying that you'd reproduced it with a single-song playlist.

I haven't looked at it closely, but either way, it's a bug. One that I think has been reported in the bug list forum, but maybe deserves a direct bug report.

Speaking of repeat... is it possible, or could it be possible, to extend the repeat function down to a single track? Maybe press a button on the remote to toggle track repeat on/off.

I'm pretty sure a dedicated "repeat" button is in their long-term plans already.

#17647 - 14/09/2000 16:47 Re: Creating a playlist: Auto-repeat as default [Re: borislav]
borislav
addict

Loc: Sunnyvale, CA, USA
I never select auto-repeat, so I would be annoyed to the same extent that you currently are... Please consider making it configurable instead of changing the default.

Actually, forget this - I probably won't be using emplode much so I don't mind either way. (I'm using a custom perl script that calls emptool.)

Borislav