Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#18582 - 25/09/2000 01:45 Make channels configurable
smu
old hand

Loc: Germany (Ruhrgebiet)
Hi.

I originally posted this as a question in "technical", but I think posting it as a wish is more appropriate. So here is my wish:
If it isnīt a hardware issue, please make empegīs reaction on the different power sources configurable, so that one might connect the empeg to a home stereo using itīs for channel (car docking connector) output.
Here is the reasoning behind it:
My reason: I would like to use the four channel, 5 band each EQ of the empeg even when at home (along with the front/back-fader and the balance of course). I ordered a second car sled, but to be able to make use of empegs personalities and to make it connect to my LAN, Iīm going to modify the sled accordingly.
Another reason: on the projects forum (AFAIR), someone posted a project (external DSP with sooundshaping) that would use the empegs outputs on stereo only, but is intended for in car use. He might make use of the empegs 2 channel, 10 band each EQ (though his external box will include an EQ, I guess usings the empegs EQ might be more convenient).
So how about a configuration option in empegs .ini-file like:
ACchannels=4
DCchannels=2
(or the other way round, or even both to 4(2) channels).

cu,
sven

#18583 - 25/09/2000 07:30 Re: Make channels configurable [Re: smu]
dionysus
veteran

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Why don't you just use the power from the docking sled? You can have the lan connection up while in car; your empeg won't know the difference if it was in a sled at your house, and you could just connect the lan connector in the back manually..
-mark

MK2: 36gb
Tivo: 90gb
CPU: 120gb
...I think drive manufacturers love me!

#18584 - 25/09/2000 12:36 Re: Make channels configurable [Re: dionysus]
smu
old hand

Loc: Germany (Ruhrgebiet)
There is a simple reason why I would like to use the intended AC input:
empeg personalities
I.e. I would like to have different EQ settings in the car than at home.

cu,
sven