Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#59258 - 15/01/2002 14:09 Printer Friendly FAQ
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
Not that the FAQ isn't great enough! I am re-reading the FAQ (it has been about a year and a lot has changed!) and would like to be able to print it out... I realize that this invites having an old version lying around, but I actually think it'd be nice reading to have on the coffee table. That way, I'll have something to do while my wife is watching something I don't like on TV.

Is the best way to simple load up each "section" and right click in that frame? Oh wait, RioCar.org doesn't use frames... hm..

#59259 - 15/01/2002 14:11 Re: Printer Friendly FAQ [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
Thought of this the other day too, but it isn't really worth another thread: How about a "welcome" screne for new members coming to http://empeg.comms.net that recommends reading the FAQ before posting? Does the forum suggest you do this when you sign as a new member? (It's been a while since I've joined). Not only would this save a lot of "newbie" threads, but it would open newbies up to tons of features they never thought about.

#59260 - 15/01/2002 14:17 Re: Printer Friendly FAQ [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
Or how about an intermediate screen that pops up the first five or so times a user posts that says ``Are you sure this isn't in the FAQ?''

Back when I was in college, the Usenet software we were provided was hacked to say, when you tried to post, something along the lines of ``The post you're about to make will be sent about the world, potentially using hundreds of dollars to propagate. Are you sure you want to post it?'' Really annoying, but it scared the bejeezus out of me the first time I saw it.

#59261 - 15/01/2002 14:19 Re: Printer Friendly FAQ [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
You should have no trouble printing out each section on your printer. It should look pretty decent. It means you have to queue up 7 separate print jobs, but you can start all of them at once and go have lunch while they all print.

I just had a look at them in IE's "print preview" mode and they actually look quite good that way. Give it a shot.

#59262 - 15/01/2002 17:13 Re: Printer Friendly FAQ [Re: tfabris]
drakino
carpal tunnel

I'll look into hacking togther a "printer friendly" FAQ page you can go to later tonight. Should be pretty easy, same FAQ code, just woithout the header and footer...