Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#154141 - 08/04/2003 10:45 Visual toggle and display after restart
tms13
old hand

Loc: Lochcarron and Edinburgh
(Misfeature or bug? I don't know, so I'm posting in Wishlist)

If I've used the long-press of the bottom button to toggle between Info and Visual modes, then when I sync or power-cycle the player, it reverts to the mode I was in before the toggle. IOW, toggling doesn't save state like using the Info menu does. I'd really like it if it was remembered, as it's surprising when the player switches back hours later, following a sync.

I tend to live with Transient, and Track is my secondary mode. So the easiest way there is to cycle through with the Info button on the remote until I hit Track, then toggle back to Transient. But to be persistent, I have to menu-select Transient as the last step instead.

#154142 - 08/04/2003 11:01 Re: Visual toggle and display after restart [Re: tms13]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I think this is all deliberate, so that your favorite toggle doesn't get messed up by a quick-cycle through the info screens. For instance, it allows me to keep it toggling between Track and Transient even though sometimes I click over to Now And Next.

I happen to like the way it works. Rarely do I ever have to go to the info menu to re-set the desired toggle.

#154143 - 08/04/2003 11:43 Re: Visual toggle and display after restart [Re: tfabris]
tms13
old hand

Loc: Lochcarron and Edinburgh
I'm a bit confused, Tony.

If you've been toggling between Track and Transient, then go to Now&Next, then that's not the same as I was describing, where the last action was a toggle.

In my scenario, if I'd been to now and next, I'd press Info 4 times to get to Track, then toggle to get Transient. I'm nice and happy. Then I sync, and suddenly the player is back in Track. I wanted it to stay in Transient.

Like I said, it's a minor thing, and easily worked around by using the menu to select Transient as the last step, but it's a bit irritating.

#154144 - 10/04/2003 06:11 Re: Visual toggle and display after restart [Re: tms13]
frog51
pooh-bah

Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland
I think this is exactly how it is supposed to work though. I too use Track and Transient most of the time, but if I decide to look at Now & Next or None for a bit, the only way to get back to the correct behaviour is for me to select through to Transient.

On a reboot without Enable Visuals set it will go back to Track, so I have Enable Visuals set.

Next time it powers up it is always in Transient and long press gives me Track. Works fine.
MkII, 80Gb SSD in dock