Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#6299 - 03/11/1999 01:13 Volume-accelleration
jfranke

Please, could you add a functionality which speeds up volume control ? Right now, it takes ages to turn the volume up or down (always hated 'digital' control for volume...).

Again, best would be accellerated volume control. The longer a button is hit, the faster it moves...please..

Thanks! Jo

#6300 - 03/11/1999 11:48 Re: Volume-accelleration [Re: jfranke]
hoagy

Loc: Silicon Valley
I absolutely disagree with accelerated volume controls. Microsoft does this in numbered dialog boxes. When it starts at 1, and you want to get to 15, you hold the mouse on the up button.. eventually the dialog starts advancing the numbers by 5s and then 10s and then 20s.. I always overshoot the number.

The proper way to do a volume is to have two speeds, slow and fast. It should only take one number of hold down before the empeg advances to the fast mode and it should hit every number quickly. Check out any new Alpine car stereo with volume up/down buttons and this is how the empeg should act. Not rocket science and I doubt Alpine bothered to patent their user interface.