Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#6978 - 30/03/2000 05:47 Cool remote for EMPEG?
SOS
new poster

Hi, at the moment I have a Blaupunkt radio, and I'm about to move to an EMPEG player. Over the last few years I've been using the Blaupunkt remote, which is mounted on the steering-wheel. It's very cool, I know it doesn't have many functions, but it has the important ones, Volume, skip number, mute and 2 xtra (used for changing Cd on my radio), but at least you don't have to move your hands from the steering-wheel to find a joystick, remotecontrol or the radio it self.

Since the RC07 remote is IR, I thought that it might just be a matter of lending one, reading the IR signals, and then programming/adding support for it in the EMPEG. This way people don't have to use some credit-card sized remote, that always seem to disappear :) There's a picture of it in the link below.

I know we're getting voice recognition now, but still a remote has it advantages once in a while, fx while being on the phone, playing loud music, etc.

http://www.blaupunkt.de/asp/index.asp?Sprache=english&topic=RC07

/\/\
/ \orten Seeberg.

#6979 - 30/03/2000 07:56 Re: Cool remote for EMPEG? [Re: SOS]
Dearing
addict

Loc: Florida
I know it doesn't have many functions, but it has the important ones, Volume, skip number, mute and 2 xtra (used for changing Cd on my radio), but at least you don't have to move your hands from the steering-wheel to find a joystick, remotecontrol or the radio it
self.

Kenwood (the manufacturer of the credit-card remote) also makes a steering-wheel version for about $30US. It has Volume up/down, Track fwd/back, FF/RW, pause, and source-select.
I've had it for a few months, now, and I don't know how I got on without it before.
I only wish it were user-configurable, as I never use the volume or source buttons (Emmy's going into my factory head unit).
There are other threads on this BBS about the steering-wheel remote, including the URL on Kenwood's site.
Jason

_~= Dearing =~_
"WAY too happy about having #99."