Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#9523 - 17/06/2000 04:10 Emplode implosion
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
I wish that while a sync was in progress you could still:

- re-size the emplode window
- shrink/maximise it onto/off the toolbar
- shrink it to the toolbar, and using the right button speed menu from the task icon, start/stop a sync (extra controls on the speed menu).

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015

#9524 - 20/06/2000 04:03 Re: Emplode implosion [Re: schofiel]
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
...and that when emplode exits, it would record it's screen dimensions/location so that on re-start, it would re-appear in the same location at the same size...

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015

#9525 - 20/06/2000 05:23 Re: Emplode implosion [Re: schofiel]
Henno
addict

Loc: Meije, Netherlands
when emplode exits, it would record it's screen dimensions/location

Better yet, that a preferred dimensions/location can be saved.
(I hate software that comes back at the setting that happened to be used last}

Henno
ex 00120

#9526 - 20/06/2000 07:07 Re: Emplode implosion [Re: schofiel]
PaulWay
addict

Loc: Canberra, Australia
I'd actually like the synchronisation thing to be happening in the background as you worked.

Sure, it would lag behind what you were doing at the time. But you probably spend more time editing the playlist and putting new songs in than you do waiting for it to download, yeah?

Sure, it might have to change something it's already written. So what? It's not like you're paying for the bandwidth.

I know it's more complex coding, but I see it as just a transaction queue; the emplode front end puts commands into the queue and the back end does each item in the queue as it finishes the last. And you could also save that queue in a file on the hard disk so that if it crashed you could simply continue on from where you were up to last - a 'resume' feature if you will.

Rob? How possible is that?

Save the whales. Feed the hungry. Free the mallocs.

#9527 - 22/06/2000 21:30 Re: Emplode implosion [Re: PaulWay]
muzza
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Brisbane, Queensland, Australi...
I'd actually like the synchronisation thing to be happening in the background as you worked.

I like it the way it is. if you are re-working stuff and you decide that you want to start again, just revert to the current setting. This is most useful as there isn't an Undo command. please guys??? pweeeeese?????