Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#17667 - 14/09/2000 00:03 Info Display when in car
teemcbee
addict

I know there was a discussion about that before and the guys@empeg already told some reasons why this is not made.

Here's my question - Whenever the empeg is in the car and totally shut down then after switching it on the Track Info display comes up. Would it be possible to make the empeg configurable (via emplode) if the standard info-display comes up or the info display you've selected before comes up again when the empeg started in the car.

I like the info-line display with a smooth visual in the background but whenever the empeg is shut down I have to reselect the info displayed. That's kind of boring.

As I know there was something said about poor safety in car when looking at the visuals while driving etc. But that's the same problem if you have to select the info-display and then look if you've selected the right thing. So it would be nice if you could configure to info you had selected when shutting down...

TeeMcBee
Got my Mk2! # 080000143

#17668 - 14/09/2000 07:47 Re: Info Display when in car [Re: teemcbee]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I like the info-line display with a smooth visual in the background but whenever the empeg is shut down I have to reselect the info displayed. That's kind of boring.

This is a bug. It will be fixed in 1.01. Right now, if your last visual was info:line, holding the bottom button goes back to info:none instead of info:line. It's supposed to go back to info:line (and it does this correctly in the alpha preview of 1.01 that I'm testing).

Other than that, the unit already does what you're asking it to do if you press and hold the bottom button. See the FAQ item on this subject.