Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#19304 - 02/10/2000 16:35 Viewing angle software solution
jpski
stranger

Loc: Seattle, WA
I am unfortunate enough to have a great car with a horrible viewing angle... the upper left of the Mark2 unit cannot be seen (1995 Acura Integra GSR). I have a software-implemented suggestion that may make things better for people like me.

How about an alternate-view for each info viewing mode. The alternate-view would display the most important information at the bottom of the screen & the least important at the top. I haven't dug into the guts of the empeg code yet, but this could be implemented via MVC style classes where there are 2 (or more) different views to the same data (each viewing mode). You could select which view you prefer in one of the Settings sub menus. Each info display would then show the style that best fits the viewing angle of your car.

Mk2/40GB/Blue

#19305 - 02/10/2000 17:29 Re: Viewing angle software solution [Re: jpski]
alear
enthusiast

Loc: Montana, USA, Bozeman
After mentioning it before, it seems that most installs are OK with viewing angle. Although I would like to see a software solution, I have a possible solution already.

Since the worst viewing is the the top left corner, and the only real problem is the loss of song title data. I suggest adding 3-4 spaces at the beggining of all your song titles. This will push the song title into the left-center of the screen which is fairly readable from above. This is not an elegant solution but if your viewing angle is as bad as mine then you will not hesitate.

I think song searching will still work if the search skips over spaces??

I haven't had a chance to look yet, Does anyone know which software ID3 tagger will add a few characters to the beggining of a batch of song titles? Can anyone make such a program if not available?

Alex Lear

#19306 - 02/10/2000 17:39 Re: Viewing angle software solution [Re: alear]
jpski
stranger

Loc: Seattle, WA
Yeah, that would work... I'm not going to change a collection of 3000 songs though just to be able to view it better on my empeg. Someone (maybe me) is going to come up with a solution that doesn't involve a hack.

Mk2/40GB/Blue