Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#20613 - 17/10/2000 14:38 EQ settings in Emplode
dewdman42

I'd really like to see an intuitive EQ editor in Emplode that would allow me to adjust the EQ settings from the PC....It would show curve graphs to represent the Q, frequency and level...which is often complext to understand by simply looking at numbers. And I'd like to be able to store EQ presets on my PC and sync them in/out of the Empeg.

-steve
[email protected]

#20614 - 18/10/2000 17:45 Re: EQ settings in Emplode [Re: dewdman42]
eternalsun
Pooh-Bah

Loc: San Jose, CA
But then, you'd be adjusting your EQ outside the environment in which it would be used. ?

Calvin

#20615 - 18/10/2000 17:55 Re: EQ settings in Emplode [Re: eternalsun]
dewdman42

Well yea...in the strictest sense of the word..I would not be listening to it in its true environment...and I would probably do a little tweaking once I got back to the car..but at least I could get it close. I'm not just wanting to get a flat level response in the car...I'm wanting to improve the sound, get punchier bass, etc..

It would be nice to work on it graphically, go to the car, tweak it for the car acoustics, go back and look at the curves graphically again, save them ,etc....

It can only help.

#20616 - 18/10/2000 17:55 Re: EQ settings in Emplode [Re: eternalsun]
dewdman42

Don't forget that your average consumer doesn't even have the foggiest idea what Q is...let alone know what to do with it.

#20617 - 19/10/2000 08:08 Re: EQ settings in Emplode [Re: dewdman42]
Verteggio
stranger

Loc: Atlanta, GA USA
... adding onto this idea, what about being able to export the settings to a file from within emplode and later import it back in, and that way be able to share them with other people?

It does not TOTALLY defeat the purpose of customizing for your particular car since each car is different, but rather gives a place for people to start at and then modify to sound optimal in their particular vehicle. As well, since eventually we are going to get people with the same cars using empegs, it will give a way for those people to share settings without starting from scratch.

As well, for those unfamiliar with Q and the way the EQ on the empeg works, this is a good way to start and learn -- by seeing and hearing it in action.

--verteggio

#20618 - 19/10/2000 08:53 Re: EQ settings in Emplode [Re: Verteggio]
Henno
addict

Loc: Meije, Netherlands
what about being able to (..) later import it back in

Yeah, and it would allow anyone to mess around with the settings and still be able to reload/reset them all.

I don't go for tweaking the settings from the desk, but as a back-up/restore of EQ settings, it's an essential feature, I'd think

Henno
mk2 6 nr 6