Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#23822 - 21/12/2000 14:26 Some holiday wishes
smu
old hand

Loc: Germany (Ruhrgebiet)
Hi there.

Great that the BBS is back up again.
Anyway, I just thought that I might summarize my wishes for the holidays:

1. Get a lot of money to be able to buy a 30GB drive for my empeg (along with some new speakers for the car, a decent sub etc.)

2. Get a pause MP3 playback when muted feature

3. Get an override (telephone) mute function

4. Get all those global settings for the unit (like mute on 0/12V, IP address etc.) settable in the car (i.e. by using the remote or the front buttons)

5. Get a plugin-API for the player, or at least the header files and some documentation thereof, so that I might start coding for it. BTW: Plugin-mechanisms might be useful for the following functions:

• audio decoding

• audio manipulation (after decoding)

• menu extension (does setting mute mode and IP adress ring a bell?)

• visualizations

• IR/command tweaking (i.e. input to plugin: key-code, output of plugin: operation(s) to do)

• alternate interface (i.e. a plugin that actually takes over control, but might use the player software for audio functions, caching etc.)

6. A funnelweb-Visual as a (full-screen) visualization plugin for winamp or some other Windows or Linux player (am I the only one imagining FunnelWeb as a 5 by 5 feet projection on parties?).

Ok, that it for this year.
I know these won´t be realized this year, but I like dreaming about it, and perhaps someone at empeg is doing something to make one wish or the other come true (while I, myself will try and handle the first one).

cu,
sven
(MkII 12GB blue, #080000113)

#23823 - 21/12/2000 14:44 Re: Some holiday wishes [Re: smu]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
A funnelweb-Visual as a (full-screen) visualization plugin for winamp or some other Windows or Linux player (am I the only one imagining FunnelWeb as a 5 by 5 feet projection on parties?).

Funnelweb reminds me a lot of the Geiss screen saver for Windows. It can work as a Windows screen saver or as a WinAmp plug-in. It will also listen to your sound card's line-input if you are using an external sound source. Check it out. I don't have the address, but I'm sure a web search will turn it up, it's very popular.

#23824 - 22/12/2000 02:25 Re: Some holiday wishes [Re: tfabris]
smu
old hand

Loc: Germany (Ruhrgebiet)
&gT;> A funnelweb-Visual as a (full-screen) visualization plugin for winamp or some other Windows
>> or Linux player (am I the only one imagining FunnelWeb as a 5 by 5 feet projection on parties?).

> Funnelweb reminds me a lot of the Geiss screen saver for Windows. ...
Though I agree that the geiss plugin is very similar to Funnelweb in some aspects, it still is different, and I like Funnelweb a whole lot more than I do like the Geiss plugin that is available at http://www.geisswerks.com/.

cu,
sven
(MkII 12GB blue, #080000113)