Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#27856 - 07/03/2001 07:37 Append while shuffled
BryanR

Loc: Berkshire, UK
I don't think I've seen this one, but my apologies if it's been discussed before.

Anyway, there I was, about an hour into a shuffled playlist of a dozen albums or so, and I decided that I'd like to hear a few songs from another album in the same playlist. So, using the remote, I added the album I was after. When I did this, the playlist was entirely re-shuffled, so I ended up with lots of songs I'd already heard ahead of my position in the playlist.

What I'd have liked was if the appended album was shuffled into the remaining songs, rather than the whole playlist being reshuffled.

What do you think?

Bryan.

Mark 2 #080000515
12GB Green (was Blue)
...but I've only got 1GB left to fill!

#27857 - 07/03/2001 07:47 Re: Append while shuffled [Re: BryanR]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
I believe they have added new search / append / insert modes for 1.1. The one that I remember specifically was the ability to insert new search items into your current playlist after the playing song rather than replace or append. This sounds very similar to what you are looking for.

Paul G.
SN# 090000587 (40GB Green)

#27858 - 07/03/2001 10:19 Re: Append while shuffled [Re: BryanR]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
What I'd have liked was if the appended album was shuffled into the remaining songs, rather than the whole playlist being reshuffled.

Right now you can do this with an APPENDED SEARCH.

There is the option to search for individual titles, or albums ("source"), etc. Press the "Direct/OK" button on the Kenwood remote a few times.

When the desired search screen is up, press the CD-MD-CH button on the Kenwood remote, and it will switch between "Search" mode and "Append" mode.

In "Search" mode, it will throw out your current playlist and play only the results of your search. In "Append" mode, it will add the results of your search to the end of your current playlist.

There will be a third search style in version 1.10: "Insert." This mode will insert your search results right after the current song. This will be very useful, and it's probably the exact thing you were looking for.

For more information on how to search, check the relevant heading in the FAQ forum on this BBS.

#27859 - 08/03/2001 02:28 Re: Append while shuffled [Re: tfabris]
BryanR

Loc: Berkshire, UK
That's what I did, and what I hoped would happen. What actually happened was that I moved from a position an hour or so into the playlist (fifteen or twenty songs in, say) to position two.

Maybe I'm missing something. I'll have another play around with it this evening.

Bry.

Mark 2 #080000515
12GB Green (was Blue)
...but I've only got 1GB left to fill!