Ok, here's something that would really make the empeg UI a lot easier to navigate.

Most of the time I'm playing a root/near root playlist in random mode. Every so often a song comes up that I then decide I want to hear more of the album, or artist, or musical genre. I've set up my playlists in this form of structure.

It would be really helpful if there was a way of switching into the playlist menu structure at the point that this song appears in it's primary position. So, you could then navigate the playlist structure from this point, rather than having to start from the root via the menu system. You could then go up a level or two and select the playlist or super-playlist that the song appears in.

Having an easy key-press to do this from the front panel (rather than the remote) would be even better. To be honest, I'd prefer that holding down 'Down' did this, rather than switching visuals on and off. [Side note- any chance of user customization of the mapping of controls->functions?]

You can kind of do what I want by switching random off when playing the song and manually navigating with left and right, but then I am searching tracks in a depth-first tree order. I'd like to retain the randomness, but within a more constrained playlist than the root/sub-root playlist that is currently selected.

I'm not sure how this would work with virtual playlists, but it should probably select the primary playlist that the song appears in, rather than virtual, secondary playlists. I'm a little fuzzy here as I don't use them, so for me there is no playlist ambigutiy as each song only appears once in the playlist structure.