Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#63580 - 26/01/2002 22:46 reboot, but not
RobotCaleb
pooh-bah

Loc: Austin
just recently, after having lost my eq and track played settings twice my player started rebooting numerous times in a row. highest count ive followed is 15. it doesnt actually reboot though, it just appears to be running the player executable over and over as i can have hijack overlayed on it. any further information im sure i can find if needed.

sXe

#63581 - 27/01/2002 00:03 Re: reboot, but not [Re: RobotCaleb]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
I had a goofy thing where my player was rebooting repeatedly too, I thought it might be related to a bad MP3 or something. Once I skipped past the track, things were fine.

#63582 - 28/01/2002 04:37 Re: reboot, but not [Re: tonyc]
peter
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge, England
I had a goofy thing where my player was rebooting repeatedly too, I thought it might be related to a bad MP3 or something. Once I skipped past the track, things were fine.

Could you possibly send the bad, goofy MP3 in question to [email protected], if you haven't already sent it in to someone?

Ta,
Peter

#63583 - 30/01/2002 00:09 Re: reboot, but not [Re: peter]
RobotCaleb
pooh-bah

Loc: Austin
fixed it
it finally got to the point where all the player would do is sit there cycling through the fake reboots. i would watch it in hyperterminal and it said abnormal player termination. player sent signal 11. it took me about an hour of this, and me pulling the plug, to try to get it to load up in emplode. it finally did, i put 2.0b7 on again and it works fine. as fine as beta can be at any rate.

still cant edit my config.ini though. please someone tell me how to do so. if i click edit config.ini in emplode it opens the file with this information in it : "; ??? ÿû°L" and thats it. minus the "" of course.