Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#70060 - 12/02/2002 00:21 Two bugs with Beta 11
ninti
old hand

Loc: Los Angeles
JoMo25 said in General

Ever since I upgraded to B11 and Hijack v195 (or v196), I can't seem to get the Restore Visual to work in DC Power Mode. It always reboots back to the Now & Next mode.

I have the same problem (B11 and Hijack 193). No matter what visual or info mode I am in when I turn it off, or whether Hijack's Restore Car Visual mode is on or off, it always goes into Now and Next mode when it comes back on.

I have another problem too. Twice when I have been flipping through the Info modes to get back to my beautiful transient mode, it has suddenly frozen for about a full second or two, then done a partial reboot. It doesn't reboot all the way back to the logos, but it does go through the Loading Music Database section again, and then continues on its merry way.

It is a new player, I got it this weekend, so it MAY be a hardware problem, but I doubt it since it is working fine other than this. I am going to go back to Beta 7 though, because I know its bad habits a little better.

#70061 - 12/02/2002 12:18 Re: Two bugs with Beta 11 [Re: ninti]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Yeah, I think the broken info-mode feature is turning a lot of us away from beta11. Too bad, cuz it only got broken at the last minute before release, and there's tons of other nice features in beta11 we'd all like to use.

Oh Well. Maybe in a few weeks.

#70062 - 13/02/2002 05:27 Re: Two bugs with Beta 11 [Re: mlord]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
It got broke in fixing the bug whereby you had to hold the bottom button twice when toggling info mode. I think Toby must have misheard my "make sure it doesn't break anything!" comment

It's fixed on our internal build now.

Rob