Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#7913 - 07/04/2000 22:00 Synchronization failure at...nowhere!
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Since Beta 10a, I haven't seen a single synch failure report on this board. I've added a second disk drive and I've been uploading a bunch of stuff over the last several days and haven't seen a single problem myself.

Could it be that all the synch bugs have really been swatted?

Could it be that I'm jinxing it by bringing it up?

Tony Fabris
Empeg #144

#7914 - 09/04/2000 03:22 Re: Synchronization failure at...nowhere! [Re: tfabris]
Big John

Loc: Hants, UK.
Hi Tony,

In reply to:

Since Beta 10a, I haven't seen a single synch failure report on this board. I've added a second disk drive and I've been uploading a bunch of stuff over the last several days and haven't seen a single problem myself.

Could it be that all the synch bugs have really been swatted?

Could it be that I'm jinxing it by bringing it up?

I got a stage 5 with 0xffffffff last night after a mammoth 7 hour upload! I was writing a post on this forum whilst the empeg was rebuilding via emplode. I imagined I'd have a thousand+ tracks in my UNATTACHED folder - but I guess the empeg had topped out of disk space. It was all in the right place with 5MB free on the player. I dumped the post... I guess the free space calculations arn't quite correct for emplode to allow me to send the files in the first place? Slack space problem?

Regards,

[color:yellow]_________________________________________John, (MK1 #114-20G, MK2 #15-36G).</font color=yellow>

#7915 - 10/04/2000 13:39 Re: Synchronization failure at...nowhere! [Re: tfabris]
eternalsun
Pooh-Bah

Loc: San Jose, CA
Yep Tony just jinxed up the works.

Calvin

#7916 - 18/04/2000 20:04 Re: Synchronization failure at...nowhere! [Re: Big John]
markin
new poster

I get this error with any sync that is more then 100 MB or so.

I notice that after I closed everything that was running in the background that it does not fail. I just did a 5 CD (300-400MB) and it worked ok. To be on the safe side I did not touch the computer while it was syncing.

Empeg #249.
Empeg #249.