Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#30388 - 01/05/2001 02:59 bug or is it me
thinfourth2
Pooh-Bah

Loc: The land of the pale blue peop...
okay this might be a bug or it might be me being a dullard.

After tweaking the volume with the knob if i go straight over to the left right buttons to skip forward or backwards on a track it. The volume goes up or down. Don't know if this is an easy fix or is it just me being too hurried.

#30389 - 01/05/2001 04:13 Re: bug or is it me [Re: thinfourth2]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Greetings!

This is not a bug. The knob works as left and right for whatever menu option is active. When the volume setting menu is still on screen, you can use either knob or buttons to access it. You would need to allow the timeout (3 seconds???) for the volume screen to close before the function is reprogrammed. Or, you could just hit the up or down buttons to clear it...

Paul G.
SN# 090000587 (40GB Green)

#30390 - 01/05/2001 04:35 Re: bug or is it me [Re: pgrzelak]
jstrain
enthusiast

Loc: philadelphia pa
could be wrong, but i thought that this issue was addressed in 1.1 as others have found this to be annoying as well.

jeremy

12 gig, green...

#30391 - 01/05/2001 09:19 Re: bug or is it me [Re: pgrzelak]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
It's my humble opinion that this is a bug, and an annoying one at that. The empeg team is aware of it (well, it's been reported to the bug list).

The reason this behavior is there, is because there's no volume knob on the Mark1 players. The left/right buttons do adjust the volume on the Mark1 units. Some special-case coding needs to be done in that area of the code so that Mk1s and Mk2s both work correctly.

Note that this bug extends to the remote control for both the Mark1 and Mark2 player. The remote has separate controls for volume and track. But if you use the volume controls, then the track controls start changing the volume afterwards.

It is my greatest hope that this bug will be corrected before 1.1 goes final. I don't know if it will, though.