Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#11214 - 11/07/2000 10:18 Forgetful Mk. II
Dredd
enthusiast

Loc: Bay Area, California
(also e-mailed)

OK, I thought this was related to the pause button once, but now I know it happens all the time.

My Mk.II (running 11d) tends to NOT keep track of where it left off playing on power-down. I have listened to the beginning half of Dark Side of the Moon enough to want to scream. ;-)

I thought it was constantly saving that information on a semi-regular basis, but no matter how long I'm in the car for, when I shut it off and come back later (Whether I've removed the empeg from the car or not) it starts playing where it started playing the LAST time... and the time before that, and the time before that.

Now SOMETIMES it actually saves the position info, but it seems to have more to do with when I _CHANGE_ playlists. (e.g., when I got sick of playing DSotM, and started listening to my "Eighties Pop Hits" playlist, I now start up every time in the middle of a Clash tune)

Empeg had mentioned something about some conditions where the empeg was waiting too long to save its data or something.. could that be what I'm experiencing? Is there a + patchlevel I can try out to see if it solves my problem?

D

#11215 - 11/07/2000 10:32 Re: Forgetful Mk. II [Re: Dredd]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Empeg had mentioned something about some conditions where the empeg was waiting too long to save its data or something.. could that be what I'm experiencing?

Yes.

Is there a + patchlevel I can try out to see if it solves my problem?

Not unless there's been a new one posted in the last 24 hours that I haven't seen yet. Check the "Announcements" forum of this BBS as well as the downloads page at the official site. They will fix it and post the updates in those places soon.

#11216 - 11/07/2000 10:32 Re: Forgetful Mk. II [Re: Dredd]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
You only just noticed? This has been driving me mad for ages!

If you shut down by pulling the player out of the dash it will save the state. If you shut down "nicely" on the ignition it will lose the state. It's a simple bug which has already been fixed for the next release.

Rob

#11217 - 11/07/2000 10:37 Re: Forgetful Mk. II [Re: rob]
Dredd
enthusiast

Loc: Bay Area, California
Yeah, well, I noticed but kept trying different "methods" of shutting off to try and narrow down if it was a particular way of doing it that was causing the problem. (which was confused by the fact that the first time it happened, the playlist was paused, so I was tinkering with all sorts of combos)....

Given that then... any eta for 11e? ;-)

D

#11218 - 12/07/2000 05:40 Re: Forgetful Mk. II [Re: Dredd]
mac
addict

Loc: Cambridge, UK
Given that then... any eta for 11e? ;-)

Well, I was going to call it 12. It doesn't do to get too far through the alphabet you know...

This week. Hopefully.

--
Mike Crowe
I may not be speaking on behalf of empeg above :-)

#11219 - 12/07/2000 08:34 Re: Forgetful Mk. II [Re: rob]
xavyer

This has been driving me mad for ages!

Hmmm ... mac must be pretty tight with handing out the updates ... even to rob!

Doh!

:)

#11220 - 12/07/2000 08:52 Re: Forgetful Mk. II [Re: mac]
xavyer

It doesn't do to get too far through the alphabet you know...

Now available: beta11xyzzy 

#11221 - 12/07/2000 17:05 Re: Forgetful Mk. II [Re: xavyer]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
Now available: beta11xyzzy

Naaawww... name it beta11YYZ, and then you could call it a Rush job....

tanstaaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"