Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#24445 - 09/01/2001 00:36 Reversed home channels?
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
This is going to sound very strange, but...

Can anyone with a Mark1 running version 1.01 or later tell me whether or not the in-home outputs on their unit are behaving as expected when you play with the balance? How about when you unplug the RCA cables one at a time?

I might be going insane, but I think my Mk1 and my Mk2 have different (opposite) behavior. Note that I am going on the color-coding of the jacks, not on their physical position on the back panel, because that's arbitrary. I am assuming that the red color-coded plug is supposed to be the right channel, and the black (or white) color coded plug is supposed to be the left channel.

Not only that, but I could swear that this wasn't the case when I first got the unit. I could swear I checked the L/R balance when I first got it over a year ago, but not very often since. I don't think I messed up any wires or connectors when I worked with the hard disks, so as strange as this sounds, I'm thinking this may have been due to one of the software upgrades.

Oh, and by the way, all of the in-car connections are fine in all cases, I'm only noticing this on the home outputs.

#24446 - 09/01/2001 02:19 Re: Reversed home channels? [Re: tfabris]
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
No, I saw this from day one - my car wiring is reversed on the front two speakers, correct on the back, and the home has the same polarity as the car rears. You're not the only one, so your sanity is not questionable

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015

#24447 - 09/01/2001 10:05 Re: Reversed home channels? [Re: schofiel]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
No, I saw this from day one - my car wiring is reversed on the front two speakers...

Well, the Mark 1's car wiring is all correct according to the color coding, only the home outputs are questionable. And I could swear that it wasn't that way from day one, but now I'm second-guessing myself.