I'm posting this very cautiously, since I've only noticed this when running Rjlov's modified version of the kernel software. But I'm pretty sure that we're talking about a player software bug rather than a kernel bug. If anyone else has noticed this, let me know, so that we can decide whether or not it's a problem with Empeg's suff or Rjlov's stuff.

I've seen both the "Info: Now and Next" screen as well as the "Info: Track" screen become de-synchronized witht the actual music that's playing.

For example, it was playing one particular song, but the Info:Track screen listed a completely different song. Swapping the different info displays showed the Now and Next screen with the correct trackname listed at the top, but the Info:Track screen was still wrong. Switching tracks back and forth (>> <<) fixed it. I only saw this happen once.

Another time, the Now and Next screen listed a different song than the one that was playing. Switching tracks forward advanced the Now and Next list forward to the next visible trackname, and the player played a different song, but that song was still a different song than the displayed one. I only saw this happen once, and restarting the player fixed it.