I could have sworn I'd seen this before, but I couldn't find it in an hour of searching. Yesterday I turned off my car, but sat in it for a few minutes, (maybe 3-5?) after the empeg had gone into standby. Then randomly, it came out of standby and started playing! Could I have hit something on the remote maybe? I hope that my car won't randomly start playing when I'm not there, that sure would attract attention. Any thoughts?

I think that there is some weirdness in the way I hooked up the Illumination wire because if I set the dimmer to less then 100 then the display will flip back and forth between 100 and the low value (mostly at 100, occationaly dimming to set lights-on value) when the illumination is on. I fix this by putting both dimmers at 100, so I see no change. Its like the empeg thinks that I am constantly toggling my lighting. Must double-check wiring.

Question 3: does it matter if the grounds of the rca plugs (speaker channels) touch each other or the car chassis? It sounds ok, but am I losing some quality there?

Also, my old radio dimmed up and down with the dash lighting with a dimmer on the dash. I think the Illumination line is a sliding voltage (guess, not checked) instead of a 0/+12 thing. I think thats fairly common in cars, could/should the empeg take advantage of that?

Thanks,

John

P.S. By the way guys @ empeg, this thing is by far the coolest piece of electronics I have ever purchased, thank you.

30 GB - Mk2a (Rio Car) - BLUE