Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#111682 - 18/08/2002 22:12 Beautiful expensive cars...
matthew_k
pooh-bah

Loc: Berkeley, California
This weekend was car weekend on the Monterey peninsula, and I just wanted to vent/brag about what an amazing weekend it was... I live here, so I get to see it every year, but this year was more impressive. By today, a ferrari wasn't even an exciting sighting. Over the course of the weekend, on the streets I saw 2 Lamborghini Diablo's (my favorite being the orange one with the vanity plate "Clk Wrk"), a few countachs, a Z8, vipers, lotuses, an nsx, countless ferraris... My favorite, however was the McLaren F1 parked behind the bookstore downtown. Man, that is an amazing car (0-60, 3.1 secconds).

This doesn't even begin to get into the auctions and shows around town that were going on. Even more impressive cars available if you wanted to pay to see them. Unfortunatly my knowledge of classic cars is limited, so I don't appreciate them as much...

I'm recomending this for next year's california empeg meet -- Just being here turns anyone into a car person for a few days. I'd be willing to organize, as I know the area.

Matthew

#111683 - 18/08/2002 23:30 Re: Beautiful expensive cars... [Re: matthew_k]
visuvius
addict

The McLaren F1 is just f'ing amazing. That car is so God damn beautiful too, perfect in every way.

#111684 - 18/08/2002 23:38 Re: Beautiful expensive cars... [Re: matthew_k]
nt4show
new poster

Loc: Califonia
yes it was a awesome display of peformance cars. Alvarado was packed as was Canery Row, but one thing I did not see, was an Empeg in any of the cars!!! We still have one up on them. Ha Ha
As for a meeting, that would be the perfect place for one, right in the middle of the state and on the beautiful central coast.

Rob

#111685 - 19/08/2002 00:29 Re: Beautiful expensive cars... [Re: matthew_k]
Waterman981
old hand

Loc: Salt Lake City, UT
[drool]
I think that a meet there next year is a good idea. I have wanted to actually see a McLaren F1 for years... fat chance in Utah.... heck last I heard there are only 6 in the US, 2 being owned by Ralph Lauren. For me seeing a Ferrari gets my blood pumping... heck a Viper did it to me today... but a McLaren..... I would wet myself One day when I have a million dollars to blow...

#040103696 on a shelf
Mk2a - 90 GB - Red - Illuminated buttons