Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | Software | RioCar.Org | Hijack | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs | Addons: Eutronix | Cases

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Off Topic
Clarification: The "--hls-prefer-native" and "--external-downloader wget" parameters do indeed get processed, but they don't prevent the error message in ffmpeg.
Off Topic
I have a script working with youtube-dl that (cautiously optimistic) appears to solve the problem in initial tests. I need it to bake for a few days to be sure, but things seem to be working correct-ish now. Thank you so much, canuckInOR! There was
Off Topic
I poked at youtube-dl a bit and it is very promising. I'll poke at it some more. It's my hope that if I only run it briefly every half hour or so, and randomize its runtime slightly each time, then hopefully it won't trigger bot detection. Thank yo
Off Topic
Indeed, one of the problems I need to solve is how to feed the crows without also feeding the seagulls. I'll look into youtube-dl, thanks!
Off Topic
I'm not familiar with the NAS, but if you can run wget, perhaps you can try youtube-dl, instead? Otherwise, I'd pursue what Mark suggests -- why involve YouTube at all? I checked out the stream. I could rewind to 8:04am, where there was a gluttono
Off Topic
You all bring up excellent points, thank you very much. Some specific responses to questions that were posed: Originally Posted By: Shonkycan you just start a browser in a VM/docker to load the stream's page Good point. Indeed such a scheme would li
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Help to replace a data hard drive by mlord @ 19/02/2019 13:02

The boot drive seems to always be seen as "C:" as near as I can tell. So when booting from USB, with a different drive internal, the USB drive becomes "C:". But I'm no expert on MS-anything. Linux and Mac have no problems with
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Highly Technical Engineering Problem by Dignan @ 18/02/2019 22:17

I've had three different kinds of the "roller blade" wheels and they never bent. And I'm not a small guy.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Highly Technical Engineering Problem by tanstaafl. @ 18/02/2019 21:57

Originally Posted By: jmwkingI like the rollerblade wheels idea. As Tony suggests, an Xacto knife (or good pen knife) will cut them up making removal relatively easy. There are many different rollerblade-style wheels for sale on Amazon, and most of t
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Help to replace a data hard drive by andy @ 18/02/2019 21:57

I know about BIOSes and selecting the boot drive, I have plenty of PCs (both virtual and physical). What I'm not sure on is whether when you do that to a Window machine whether all your other drives appear on the drive letters you (and your software
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Help to replace a data hard drive by tanstaafl. @ 18/02/2019 21:48

Originally Posted By: andyDoes Windows cope with drive letters etc when you suddenly boot from an image of the boot drive on another drive ?I think that on power-up I can hit the "del" key and get into BIOS, where I change the boot drive le
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Seagate ST8000AS0002 by tanstaafl. @ 18/02/2019 21:09

Originally Posted By: DignanI'll probably kick myself for not splurging on 10TB right nowI had the opposite problem. I had to twist the arm of my computer store to get me a hard drive as small as 3TB. Cost me $2100. That's pesos, not dollars. Fig
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Help to replace a data hard drive by andy @ 18/02/2019 21:06

If what you are describing is possible with Windows now then I'd definitely go for it. This ability was one of the key things that pushed me over to the Mac years ago. There is a great deal of comfort when you know that: - it is dead easy to clone
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Help to replace a data hard drive by tanstaafl. @ 18/02/2019 20:53

Originally Posted By: RogerWhat failure mode are you hoping to protect against? I am protecting against a sudden failure of my SSD system drive. From what I understand, when they fail, it is frequently catastrophic with no warning, and I want to avoi
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Help to replace a data hard drive by Roger @ 18/02/2019 17:04

Originally Posted By: tanstaafl.maybe I should use some of that space to clone my C: system drive Frame challenge time. Why? What failure mode are you hoping to protect against? If I were you I'd simply periodically snapshot the C: drive (using Win
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Seagate ST8000AS0002 by Dignan @ 18/02/2019 16:03

So I might regret this, but I just picked up two of these WD 8TB external drives. I've ripped them open and one by one replaced two 3TB drives in my Synology. Once this second one is in place I should have much more space, and I plan on swapping out
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Help to replace a data hard drive by Dignan @ 18/02/2019 15:54

Originally Posted By: DignanI like Macrium Reflect. Wow, I'm sorry, I was tired when I responded, and on my phone, and completely misunderstood what you were asking. I thought you were just trying to migrate your system drive to a new disk. Mark's r
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Whole home wired receiver setup by DWallach @ 17/02/2019 21:01

Originally Posted By: tfabris Example of a system for this sort of thing: https://www.htd.com/Products/Whole-House-Audio/Lync My parents' condo was set up with something along these lines: six zones (two channels per zone), and each one has a wall
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: AmpliFi Mesh Wi-Fi System by DWallach @ 17/02/2019 20:56

I set up a Google WiFi at home (one as a gateway/firewall with two satellites connected by GigE). I'm paying for 250Mbits/sec from Comcast and regularly see more than that, even over WiFi. I also like their auto-updating and security stories. The pl
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: AmpliFi Mesh Wi-Fi System by Dignan @ 17/02/2019 06:34

I meant it's difficult for the average consumer (who I deal with a lot).
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Help to replace a data hard drive by Dignan @ 17/02/2019 06:32

I like Macrium Reflect.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: AmpliFi Mesh Wi-Fi System by Phoenix42 @ 17/02/2019 02:49

I have the Ubiquiti Unifi system and very much like it. I didn't find it complex to install, but I would agree there is more to it than a typical home router setup.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Help to replace a data hard drive by mlord @ 16/02/2019 22:31

I cannot help much with MS-Win, but I do know that you CAN install/boot MS-Windows (most versions) on an external USB drive, using (free) WinToUSB software to do the install. So, one way to accomplish that here, would be to first partition the new 3
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Help to replace a data hard drive by tanstaafl. @ 16/02/2019 22:25

I think I could stumble through this on my own with a little help from Google, but there is a complication I would like to add. My 2TB data drive with my audio books (98% filled!) is dying. When I reboot, Windows frequently tells me it is checking
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Whole home wired receiver setup by Dignan @ 16/02/2019 22:17

I have a recommendation: she can hire me (I'm in the area and this is the stuff I do for a living) But to answer your question: yes, this kind of setup is still popular. I have clients who have insisted on ceiling speakers instead of going with a m
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >