Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | Software | RioCar.Org | Hijack | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs | Addons: Eutronix | Cases

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Yet more Bash syntax help by tfabris @ Yesterday at 17:48

Shonky, Thank you so much for that brilliant answer. The reason that I was bashing my head against it was because I was convinced that the problem was with the syntax or the string-quoting of the variable being passed into the find command. I hadn'
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Yet more Bash syntax help by canuckInOR @ Yesterday at 16:04

Perhaps a more canonical approach would be using date and stat: Code: cutoff=$((`date +%s`-64800)) age=`stat -c %Y "$testfile"` # or, if your date command supports it: # age=`date -r "$testfile" +%s` if [ $age -gt $cutoff ]
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Yet more Bash syntax help by canuckInOR @ Yesterday at 15:55

He's using it as a sort of filter -- if the file is less than 18hrs old, the find command filters out the filename.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Yet more Bash syntax help by mlord @ Yesterday at 14:00

Why are you even using the "find" command in there? "find" is for locating files when you are uncertain of the exact path. But in the example here, at least, you do know the exact path. So what are you trying to have it do? Ch
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Yet more Bash syntax help by Shonky @ Yesterday at 07:58

The problem is that when your file is older than 18 hours your find command returns the filename not a true/false. So you end up with Code: if [ /Users/tonyfabris/Documents/Test Folder/test-file ] which has two "parameters" hence the
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Yet more Bash syntax help by tfabris @ Yesterday at 05:13

I just realized I punned unintentionally, but now I know why they call it "bash".
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Yet more Bash syntax help by tfabris @ Yesterday at 05:10

Hey friends. I've been bashing my head against this one for a while, including doing a lot of googling and searching of StackOverflow. I'm hoping one of you kind folks can help with some expertise. I have an "If" statement containing a &qu
General
Jump to new posts Re: Dead Compact Flash Card -- Boo.... by benjammin @ 22/04/2019 20:48

Hey Roger - Thanks for the note (and the Empeg site is back up too!) I also came to find that I'm not getting emails notifying me of replies and such. Erp. Sorry for the delay -- but thanks again for helping with my brainfart. :P -Ben
For Sale
Jump to new posts Re: Seattle Downsize by benjammin @ 22/04/2019 20:07

What did you think you'd want to get price-wise? I could use some spare parts for my currently operational Empeg Mk2's. -Ben p.s. you can also email me at [email protected] -- I've realized I'm not getting notifications from the BBS. (need
For Sale
Jump to new posts Seattle Downsize by snowcrash @ 17/04/2019 17:54

Y'all. Having moved to a new floating home, I determined that I do not'have a place for my Empegs/s. Nor do I have time to re-immerse myself in Empeg setup, Emplode, et cetera. In my Ballard storage unit I have a large tote containing 3 Mk2/a, as