I've got a bit of a weird question here...

I've been fairly proficient for a long time in the mere basics of image editing with Paint Shop Pro. No, I don't want Photoshop. We've agreed that we are not right for each-other

I have a question. Say I have an image with a background and I want to change that background. Take this image for example:

Lets say the yellow part with the black border is the subject, and the blue is the background. You see how the black slowly transitions into the blue background? If I wanted to change the background to say, white, I'd have a blue-tinged border around the whole image. If I deleted all the parts that have the blue tint in it, I'd end up with an image that was a little jagged all around the edges. What I'm asking is if there is a way to do some sort of fill that will automatically effect a certain level of that black->blue transition and make it a black->white transition or whatever background I choose, even transparent (which might bring up its own difficulties).

Can I do this? Can I do it with PSP? If you have Photoshop, is there a way to do it in there? Thanks for any help you can give me.

*edit*
ps- 10 points to whoever can guess what the picture is of
*edit*

Attachments
98752-image.gif (133 downloads)

Edited by DiGNAN17 (19/06/2002 08:49)