OK, I have ripped a TON of stuff with MMJB, all at 128. Comparing it to stuff ecnoded with LAME I can tell the difference (Using the --r3mix setting). Now I see this new --alt-preset standard setting, and was thinking of re-ripping everything anyway.

However, once nice thing about MMJB was that it can make folders during the rip, so for instance I have a f: drive with all my mp3s on it. Under f: I have say, Aerosmith folder, then Pump, then the songs with names like: 01-aerosmith-pump-songname.mp3

I tried to duplicate this in EAC, and it wont make the folders... Is there some syntax to the filename line Im missing? The help says you can make folders, but when I put the backslashes in the filename format it does not work...

I know there are a lot of EAC experts on here, so can someone help me?

Bonus question: I have a Toshiba 2x DVD drive, and a Lite-On (HIVAL) 40x16x10 CD-RW... Does anyone KNOW if either of these support C2 error detection? I did the 'test' with the toshiba and it seems to, however sometimes on severely scratched CDs I still get some glitches.

At work here I have access to a "whole bunch" of old 4x plextor SCSI CD drives. Any opinions on using one (or several... heheh ) of those? Can you run multiple copies of EAC ripping from multiple SCSI drives? That would be sweet...

(Plus arent plextor drives 'the best' for ripping?)

Thanks for the help and opinions...

-Jeff

P.s. does anyone else wonder how the hell they EVER lived without an empeg? God I ride in someone elses car and find myself constantly wanting my empeg...