hi guys, sorry to bother you all with this problem...

i was following the nuemerous FAQ entries on how to send/recieve files to/from the unit, with the intent of updating the ANNAVU backdrop to tony's updated version - i had the consumer version so i downloaded and updated to the developer version, no problem. created a hyperterminal connection, booted machine, it showed all the right things, i hit Q-enter and it dropped me to the prompt as expected, i ran thru the options and got as far as the 'rw' and 'rwm' commands, it completed the rwm after a minute or two (prompt reappeared successfully), then hyperterminal seemed to crash. nothing i typed would come up on the screen. empeg unit also not responding. not knowing what to do i pulled the power and restarted it. unit restarted and gave the usual output, but then after it boots up it no longer responds to the keyboard commands. 'Q' does nothing. 'N' doesnt change tracks. (my typed commands echo on the screen, but no effect...) etc. on the unit, the player loads up the last song, then enters pause mode - pressing the top button briefly flashes the play symbol then goes back into pause immediately. cannot unpause it. no sound from speakers of course. holding top button also will not shut down the unit, have to pull power on it. this is the same when its in the car.

i redownloaded the developer image and reloaded it again, this still doesnt solve the problem. reloaded hijack, no difference. i am at work now and will try to hook it up here to test and give you a list of the hyperterminal output, but till then i just wanted to post this in case there is something simple that i can do to fix it... im guessing that since i didnt get a chance to change the disks back to read only, that this has caused something to go wrong?

please let me know if i should try anything while im here at work trying to fix it

thanks for your help guys...