I thought it was strange how they made this huge thing about the minority report, and then it was inconsequential.
I would suggest you find a copy of the original story and read it. The minority report in it is remarkably important to the story, and its consequence to the story varies dramatically throughout as the events around it change. In fact, that's one of my favorite literary devices -- the single unchanging fact whose meaning changes dramatically depending on the viewpoint.

The Minority Report is available as a new oddly bound hardcover, but you could spend $2 more and get a collection of other fine short stories in The Collected Stories of Philip K. Dick, Volume 4. It's also old enough that you might be able to find it in the library, conceivably. And it's only about 30 pages long. It won't even take you long to read. You might even be able to read the whole thing in the bookstore, if it's liberal enough. Maybe you'll decide you want to buy it, anyway. (Anything I can do to turn people onto PKD.)