In reply to:

However in the second part, it sounds like you want multiple sort columns at the same time (by artist, then by year)... This may be a little tougher... Am I reading your request properly?

It's just a suggestion, so if it's hard, don't get too bothered by it. It's just that it'd be nice to (e.g.) view another playlist and copy a file from it, then return to the previous playlist and have it be in the same order as I left it. I think I found that items with the same value in the sorted column were moving relative to each other when I edited their other properties.

In reply to:

I fixed a "playlist jumps to the top" for something else, but I don't remember what it was (maybe editing properties?)... I guess this is a slightly different problem. When you say "a member is moved" what command are you actually referring to -- this move up/move down buttons?

Yes, exactly. It was the changelog note you (correctly) recalled, about this issue with changing properties, that reminded me that I hadn't mentioned the return of the up/down keys/buttons bug.