Okay. I've got a big bug now.

Basically, jEmplode doesn't work right.

I tried to do a bunch of stuff with jEmplode last night, and it all appeared to work properly. I edited some metainfo (marked tags, track names, years) on some tracks. I deleted some playlists with their tracks. I uploaded some new tracks. After it synced, I didn't go back and check anything, as it all seemed to work right.

I went to play one of the new albums in my car this afternoon, and when it hit the second or third track, the player got wedged. I had to power cycle it. When it came back up, it was no longer wedged, but it refused to play that track. I skipped it (which it wouldn't let me do before the reboot) and it played the next track fine. I skipped back and it still wouldn't play that track. Then I noticed that it was playing them in the wrong order. So I just let it go, to investigate when I got home.

I got home and investigated with the real emplode. Upon initial connect, it complained of corruption. It said that the playlist for ``Earth and Sun and Moon'' didn't match the tracks inside it. ``Earth and Sun and Moon'' was one of the playlists I deleted. When I acknowledged the error, ``ESM'' was a child of the root playlist, whereas before it was a child of my ``Midnight Oil'' playlist, which itself was a child of the root. It only contained 5 tracks, as opposed to the 11 it contained before I deleted it. So I deleted it and the remaining tracks.

The playlist that was out of order and whose second or third track wasn't playing was listed. And it was in the correct order. (Shuffle was definitely not on on the player.) So I deleted it and reuploaded with emplode. Also, I downloaded the track that was causing problems before I deleted it. It won't play in WinAmp. So it apparently got corrupted somewhere.

I decided to also check the other new album I uploaded with jEmplode. The Artist and Album playlists were there, but they didn't contain any tracks. So I deleted the Album playlist and reuploaded it with emplode.

However, the metainfo editing seemed to work fine.

This is all with Blackdown JDK 1.3.1 on a Gentoo PPC Linux 2.4.19 installation.