Ok, I read the review I linked so I could comment.

I have to say, I arrive at a different conclusion than the reviewer. Perhaps if I saw the remote in person and used it, I might feel otherwise, but I don't like what I've seen.

A couple downsides:
1) Internet
Why the hell did they make the thing completely internet dependant? In my mind, that is enough to pass up the product right there. No furthur discussion needed. What happens later on? maybe the company folds. Maybe they decide to stop supporting this product before you're willing to give it up.

2) discrete codes
For those who don't know, discrete codes are nice...when you have them. Instead of a "Power" button, which toggles the power (press once for on, press again for off, repeat ) discrete codes have a button for On and a button for Off, and in the case of the receiver have individual buttons to let you select a specific device input.
Unfortunately, in my experience you've got to have devices that have this functionality in order to do macros well. It seems this device is relying heavily on that assumption. If you have old components, you will likely not be able to use this remote very effectively, IMO.

As a Pronto owner, I can tell you that Philips has made an incredible remote. It's more expensive, but you can do anything you can imagine with it. Because it's LCD-driven, it beats the hell out of the Harmony LCD, although more hard buttons would be nice. Sure, you still have to have discrete codes in order to make convenient macros, but you can customize them to no end and have pretty much as many codes as you want.

Given that I have a lot of old devices, I don't use macros too much. However, I am able to control all those devices. I've even got an IR to X10 receiver that I can use with the Pronto to control my lighting.

Basically, it gives complete control.

$199 isn't a lot to spend on a remote, provided it is the right remote.