Hey, Mark. How long has it been since I've praised Hijack and thanked you for all of your efforts?

Well, let me just say it again: Hijack is really cool, thank you for all the work you've done for the player.

You know, my wife can always tell when I'm going to ask her for something because I start complimenting her...

Hey, here's an interesting idea...

Okay, the kernel is what's responsible for writing the values to flash when power is lost to the player, right?

So, in theory, Hijack could write any value it wanted to a specific spot in flash. For instance, if the player told the kernel that it should be at 0db the next time it boots in the car, Hijack could intercept that and say, "no, the next time you power up the player in the car, make sure it's at -30db" just by intercepting that write-to-the-in-car-volume spot in flash and replacing the bits representing 0db with the bits that represent -30db.

I would love to be able to "spec" what volume level my player boots at in the car. No matter what I set it to when I powered it down, I would always want it to boot at something like -30db. That way, I don't have to remember to turn it down before shutting it off.

The volume ramp feature already built into the player is nice to prevent a heart attack when booting, but I still fiddle with the volume to turn it down every time I start the car. A feature like this would make for less fiddling when I get in the car.

Of course, I'd want to be able to spec the value. Not sure if that should be done in config.ini or if you have enough flash bits left over to spec it from within the hijack user interface. Either way would be great.