I was curious what the max and average number of tunes there are on Empegs out there ... Do most people have in the one to two thousand range? higher? lower? I'm trying to get a sense of what sort of tune count I should use for testing some of my algorithms in jEmplode ...Specifically, now that you can have soups on the Empeg, there's a potentially nasty bit of overhead each time you download where it has to go through and verify all the tunes you have in each soup to make sure it's still suppsoed to be there (i.e. in case you used Emplode and modified some of your tags, I need to go back through and clean the soup up). Needless to say, if you have 10000 songs on your Empeg, this could be a somewhat time consuming process.

Maybe this is a config option. If you always only use jEmplode, then it is keeping everything in sync at runtime, so you don't need to sanity check the soup after each database download.

Did I mention it's really cool to see this thing running? I haven't setup the UI for making the soup playlists, but you basically create a playlist on your Empeg and specify what the soup characteristics are (i.e. you may have an artist=>album, or a search results=>artist=>year) and it just keeps it in sync just like a normal soup except it's a real playlist on the Empeg. And even though that above process is potentially a bear, it's slick to see it running -- i went into Emplode and renamed/reartisted a bunch of tunes, synced, then downloaded the database in jEmplode and it went back through the soup I setup and reparented those tunes. Oh well -- I think this next release will be pretty cool (but that's just my biased opinion )

ms