Uploading m3u files never worked for me in v40, so maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I have a compilation album, and wanted individual artist folders and an M3U playlist file with the running-order of the compilation. In other words, the m3u file looks like

Artist 1/Track 1.mp3
Artist 2/Track 2.mp3
...etc

JEmplode happily imports all the files normally, but then complains about each one rthat it eads from the playlist file:

org.jempeg.empeg.tags.UnknownFileFormatException: Unknown file format.
at org.jempeg.empeg.tags.TagExtractorFactory.createTagExtractor(TagExtractorFactory.java:84)
at org.jempeg.empeg.tags.TagExtractorFactory.createTagExtractor(TagExtractorFactory.java:72)
at org.jempeg.empeg.filesystem.AbstractLocalImportFile.identify(AbstractLocalImportFile.java:112)
at org.jempeg.empeg.nodestore.FIDLocalFile.identify(FIDLocalFile.java:126)
at org.jempeg.empeg.nodestore.FIDLocalFile.createInstance(FIDLocalFile.java:59)
at org.jempeg.empeg.model.AbstractPlaylistNodeModifier.importFiles(AbstractPlaylistNodeModifier.java:100)
at org.jempeg.empeg.model.AbstractPlaylistNodeModifier.importFiles(AbstractPlaylistNodeModifier.java:92)
at org.jempeg.empeg.model.AbstractPlaylistNodeModifier.importFiles(AbstractPlaylistNodeModifier.java:92)
at org.jempeg.empeg.model.AbstractPlaylistNodeModifier.importFiles(AbstractPlaylistNodeModifier.java:60)
at org.jempeg.empeg.emplode.ui.NodeModifierUI$2.run(NodeModifierUI.java:48)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

I thought it was supposed to add extra references to the already-uploaded FIDs?

Later: it works if I use absolute filenames in my M3U file.

And a couple of other things I noticed, trying my first jEmplode upload (I normally use emptool, so I may be doing stuff wrong): a track that had an ID3v2 tag with no year didn't pick up the year value from its ID3v1 tag instead, the "refs" tag has large values on uploaded tracks - consistently 8, except for the files in the M3U, which are 9. Is this because references from the soup are being counted, perhaps?