My car is a 1966 Ford Galaxie 500 with a 351W engine pumping out about 400hp.

I have a 10GB MK2a which I got during the closeout sale.

The amp is a Hifonics Z700 5-channel running bridged 2-channel to a set of Dynaudio 7" mids and 2" tweeters, with a JL Audio 10W3-D4 sub in a sealed box. How about that dirty trunk! This is a daily driver.

The power distribution boxes are from an old install of a MK1 Empeg I did with my previous car. I was on the original list from 1997 and bought a MK1 when it came out, but had serious ground loop noise problems. I later sold it for a profit(!) on ebay - made about $200! Back then empegs were extremely rare and difficult to find.

The MK2a is 10x better than the MK1 in every respect - no speaker thump, no ground loop hissing, no noise whatsoever. Plus the software is so, so much better than it was originally. Finally, I paid $2000 for the MK1 and $200 for the MK2a, so obviously price is a huge factor!

Here's some shots of the interior:

I did the entire install myself from scratch - ran all the wiring, built the speaker pods, installed the underdash unit, re-wired the ancient fuse box. After my last install that featured neon lighting, plexiglass and all that other junk, I decided to go simpler and just enjoy the music this time.

Total investment in the system is well under $2000 and it certainly kicks hard enough to commute to work! Thanks go out to the empeg team for making a really rock-solid product.