I dunno...the whole thing smacks of intelligent design to me.

Which is one valid point of view. I will concede that the universe could have been designed and created by a hyper-intelligent being who defined all of the natural laws that we currently observe, and then set things in motion trillions of years ago.

However, there is no evidence to indicate that such a being is currently influencing events in real-time. The universe continues to function as if it is not being controlled from outside.

it is much more reasonable to attribute the highly complex interactions in nature to design than to random chance.

Again, making the mistake that nature as we observe it, and the evolution that created it, was somehow random. It wasn't. Evolution is not random, it is quite selective.

If you don't understand the mechanisms behind evolution, you might think that this is contradictory and therefore indicates intelligent design. It doesn't. In fact, the more that you understand about how natural selection works, the more that you realize that ID is an unnecessary hypothesis.