Hello all,

I've just spent the greater part of today (6+ hours) attempting to eliminate alternator whine from my sound system, to no avail. It might be due to my total lack of knowledge on the subject as to what causes this phenomenon..

Anyway, here is my my setup:

2 Amps, one in front, one in back. The front one powers my front two speakers and my overhead sound bar speakers (it is an 80W). My rear amp is a 400watt which powers my 12" Sub I have behind my seat. I have the front channel from the empeg going to the front amp, and the rear channel going to the rear amp.

Right now, the two amps are powered via one cable pulled directly from the positive pole on the battery. The empeg is powered via the radio harness that the old stock radio was powered from.

I have tried just about every grounding combination possible. I've grounded to the mesh jumper that was tied to the old stock stereo chassis (which is grounded to the metal Jeep chassis). I've grounded to various bolts throughout the car (that touch the Jeep chassis). I've grounded the amps in the same place, the empeg in the opposite place, I've grounded amps seperately, I've grounded the whole shebang together, all with no luck. MAJOR MAJOR feedback from the Mk2 (Well, the feedback might be a bug in my player, but I still get alternator whine)

I've tried hooking up my old CD player to my system using the same kind of standards, and I still get a whine when the Jeep is powered on (although not as bad as the empeg).

What I basically am wanting to know is, what in the hell am I doing wrong? 8) I've read just about every post on this forum, EVER, and I've even gone back and re-read old posts regarding these kind of things. I've tried just about everything. If anyone could look at the above info, and deduce what I'm doing wrong, I will take you out for beers if you ever are in the DC/Northern VA area :) If you need any more information on top of this, please feel free to ask. I'm going to be checking about very often, seeing as though my entire Jeep is a slew of wires from the dashboard, amps, etc.. And I have a date tonight and no empeg to impress her with!! :(

Anyway, any information would be absolutely wonderful.

Thanks.

(O|||||O)