It seems my new empeg is acting up on me. I recently uploaded 2 gig of MP3s which I had meticulously filenames and ID3v1 tagged to perfection. When I ran some searches on the player, I saw some funky artist, title, and genre tags. Lo and behold, there were ID3v2 tags hidden in some of the files. Tag&Rename swiftly synchronized me v1 tags to v2.

So, I figured I should clear the player and start over. I erased all the playlists in emplode (1.02, right? the one that comes with the RioCar) and hit Synchronize. When it was done, the empeg looked like it was empty. I added all the playlists with the new, clean ID3v1 and v2 synchronized tags and synchronized it with the empeg.

When it was done, some of the funkey genres, track names, and artists had been removed, but some still remained. Its as if only some of the old incorrect ID3v2 tags remained on the MP3s, but, in reality, they did not.

So, is there a way to remove all the MP3s from the empeg AND clear the player so that when I reupload, only the correct, new tags are stored? Thanks so much!