Have you released this software? Can I have it? Will the database driven access software work with other front ends than xaudio?

I'm using mp3blaster (console) on a Linux machine for my home mp3 server. mp3blaster is fantastic. It is fast, small, and very easy to use. My server has 360GB (305GB used, at almost exactly 100MB per CD with 256kb/sec FBR. Yes, I did rip them myself. Yes, I really do have that many CDs. Yes, it was a major PITA). With that much data, file based management is a *problem*.

My fantasy is a MySQL database (initially populated with tag info) and a hacked mp3blaster that would allow additions to the playlists using sql like searching.

I don't have the programming experience with C++ and databases to pull this off. mp3blaster is open source ncurses based application, so a good programmer could probably hack it together fast. If your code is somewhat modular, I might be willing to take a shot at it, but I have a huge learning curve ahead of me...

mp3blaster has 2 modes: file select, and playback. By default, F1 toggles between the two. Adding a 3rd mode of "advanced search" which would point to a relational database of tag info would make it an absolutely *killer* home solution. Instead of toggleing, one would hit F1 again to go to Advanced mode, or something like that...

If you guys haven't checked it out, I'd definitely look at mp3blaster for dedicated home mp3 server use.

Jim