You sure you wern't teleported to Colorado Springs for a bit? There are many roads here that randomly rename themselves.

Heh, no. Around here, there are sometimes roads which do that (multi-segment roads that change names along their length), but I wasn't driving on one of those roads.

And it's not just a question of outdated map data, because the road in question in that particular example hadn't even been a multi-segment road ever, at any time in the past. It was always the same road with a single name, for as long as it's existed.

I mean, I could even understand if the MapsOnUs software got briefly confused and put me onto a side road or something. But as I watched the track on the screen, it literally followed every twist and turn of the road perfectly, my position indicator was very accurately tracking on the road that was programmed in with the lat/long data. So the data for the actual road itself was correct. It's just that MapsOnUs seemed to think it was a bunch of different roads, with waypont turns several times along its length.