Recently I noticed a thread in this forum about the fontfile.raw format. As it stated, this is the file that TexInf visuals use to display the font. Prolux (the poster) described the format, so I thought that it would be very nice to append my editor to support it. Besides, my Rio has all the fonts supporting Greek apart from the TexInfo Visual. Although the RLE encoding was not so straight forward, I managed to decode it and I upgraded my RioFontEditor utility to support it. The latest version is included in the attachment.

For those interested, and in order to fiil up the gap that prolux left with that posting, the exact RLE data format is the following for each character:

FONTDATA (RLE)
+0 : width
+4 : height
(following 4*height bytes of trash!!! (why?))
+8 + 4*height: k bytes of RLE information:
Let val be the value of one of the RLE bytes. That byte will represent val / 4 pixels of val % 4 color, where 0 is no luminance, 1 and 2 are halftones and 3 is full luminance.
When the sum of the (val/4) values reaches the width of the character, then the next scanline is being described in the same way. k must be dword aligned.

Attachments
123187-RioPlayerFontEditor.zip (25 downloads)