Well, Loren, you probably won't get this, but Vienna rocks. Not as much as Salzburg, but it still rocks.

So, on the To Do list:

- Check out the stained glass by Alphonse Mucha in this cathedral in the South end of the city (i think).
- Get some Sacher Torte at the Sacher Hotel.
- Get out of the city to the Scholss Schunbrun (at least I think that's outside of Vienna).
- Check out the kick-ass rose garden (in the southern part of the city, I believe).
- Check out the town hall thing. It's pretty mean looking and has these cool enclosed garden areas. And if you send me an e-mail from the wall mounted e-mail terminals in the way back of the place, I'll be thrilled.
- Check out the dualing art museaums (two buildings in mirror image, and they have good exhibits inside).
- If you feel ghetto, take the U-Bahn (subway) way out near Mozart's grave and walk to the location of his grave site. It's REALLY ghetto out there and if you're lucky like me, you'll make the hour trip and miles of walking just to find the place closed.

On the DON"T Do list:

- Don't drive the Opern Ring, it's nuts.
- Don't want untill like 2pm for lunch because it's hard enough to find it when you want it, let alone when you NEED it.

Oh, and travel tips:

- Bring a digital camera and a HP Omnibook 600C laptop to store your images on.
- Take as many pictures as you possibly can.
- Bring a man-purse. Ah, just do it. In it, have your camera, maps, guide books, some granola bars, sunglasses and suntan lotion, money, id (hidden. not in suitcase. keep it with you at all times), TOOTHBRUSH and toothpaste, and other stuff.
- Be a good navigator. Don't get lost.
- Plan out your day's sightseeing route the night before. Figure out where to stop, which subway (U-bahn) stops to use, WHERE TO GET FOOD, and how to get home. Most efficient = seeing more things.
- Photocopy of ID in suitcase and anywhere else you can have it. I've seen people have their ID stolen and their photocopies got their replacement without much hassle.

Well, though you probably won't get this in time (sorry), maybe others can share their thoughts. Travel FAQ, anyone?