I just had another of my crazy thoughts. I am looking for a backup empeg unit but I am nervous of getting screwed.

What if we set up some kind of escorow / validation service on the BBS? A buyer and seller could complete a transaction. Then, the seller could forward the item to a person who is trusted by both the seller and buyer. That person would verify that the unit was in the condition as advertised. If so, it would be held in limbo until the buyer paid the seller. At that point, the verifyer would send the item to the buyer.

Ok, so getting a single person who is trusted by the buyer is easy because the buyers would be from this board (and I'm sure we trust some of the people here). But to get the seller to buy in would be tough.

I don't know, but I'd sure feel good if someone who knew empegs would look over the unit I bought (before I paid for it) to make sure that it's not a rock in a box or a stolen unit or something. Thoughts?