drove to the house i was supposed to stop at, paused the player while looking for the correct house number (why is that?) and when i found the house i turned off my car. ran in, came back out, no more than 2 minutes from the car. get back in the car, start it and no sound comes out. oh yeah, i paused it. press play nothing. now at this particular point in the track theres about 40 seconds of silence anyway. so i figure thats whats up. next track. nothing. hmm.. menu. nothing. play/pause. nothing. ok... wierd maybe it froze. i pull it out and reseat it.
boots up and sits there not playing a thing. blank screen. im in transient and it does pop up with song name and artist. i figure its still paused. play/pause. nothing. wierd. so i start hitting a bunch of buttons on the face. menu button next track previous track play/pause. finally i just ignore it figuring ill take a look when i get home. about 2 minutes after i start ignoring it i hear a plethora of beeps. skips about nine tracks, loads a few new playlists and ends up paused on a track. after that it worked fine, other than button presses being a little more laggy than normal. pulled it out reseated works same as before. no problems since. ive done nothign to the player in over a month. havent even plugged it into a computer in as much time.